It’s Friday morning!
The work week is almost over…
Football season is over and baseball season is yet to start.
It’s the sports fans’ version of Purgatory (unless you like basketball or hockey…in which case, whatever).
THE WAY IT WORKS IS THIS:
There is a general format to the O365 SNUSE Letter:
- There a several sections.
- In each section are several news items.
- Each news item has a short summary.
- The idea is you can read the newsletter and pretty much know just what’s going on with Office 365 (& MSFT) this week.
- If you want the full details, click the link and read the original article.
Look, if you are of a certain age you know all about Clippy. This section takes its name in tribute to this eager-yet-unhelpful Office Assistant. And Clippy, this is a newsletter! Dang it.
- What the heck is Office Delve? :: This looks useful and it will change how we (& our clients) collaborate.
- Office 365 Visio Stencils :: For when you need to design something that involves Office 365.
- Office 365 Roadmap :: Read this and then bookmark this. We need to know this and be able to communicate it on the spot.
Office 365 Developer Notes
- Getting starting with the Office 365 APIs :: Want to open Visual Studio or your favorite code editor and hammer the APIs? This article has everything you need to do just that.
- The Ultimate Link Roll for Getting Started with Office 365 APIs :: This is the last link roll you will need. There is none after this one.
- Yammer has an API :: When an Office app has an API, I have hope it will ultimately prove to have a valid business case. And Yammer just might have a business case for us. Stay tuned.
- How do you sell the new App Model Development approach to SharePoint Developers? :: Every SharePoint developer has asked this question upon first learning of the Apps for SharePoint extensibility model. The answer is simple. The ramifications of the answer are not.
- Connecting to SharePoint from an Office App :: This is now a basic skill. We must know how to do this and oh so much more. Dig-in and learn the APIs.
Microsoft News Clips
- Cloud First, Mobile First? WTW :: But how does this slogan even make sense? How can two things both be first? I’ll leave that explanation to the MSFT CEO. It’s why he earns the big bucks. My explanation is 1000 words summed-up in the following illustration to the right.
- It Really Is A New Microsoft :: Some people agree with the above assessment.
- On the Current State of Microsoft :: Even @Furuknap agrees!
- Microsoft’s Cloud Roadmap :: Ditto my comments regarding the Office 365 Roadmap.
Bits & Pieces
A few items that necessarily fit anywhere but are worth including nonetheless…
- Outlook for iOS :: Microsoft built one of the best mail apps for the iPhone and the did it the best way possible…they purchased an existing app (Accompli) and rebranded it. That’s how decrease “time to market” folks.
- Trek adopts Power BI :: Trek purchased our software and used PS to install it and configure it. They recently implemented Power BI and MSFT loves them for it. In the future, we want to be in the middle of this type of work.
- Play Monopoly in Excel :: Excel is more than just nerdy accountants crushing numbers. Read the creator’s comments here.
- SNL Mocks Clippy :: His name is Pushy and he is here to help. We started with Clippy and we’ll end with Clippy’s cousin. This is how you tie things together people.
That’s it and that’s all.
We’ll try to do better next time.
Have a great week and don’t hurt yourself out there.